Just recently, I showed my “2017 ops” to someone and I told her that I wasn’t able to accomplish some major items on the list and it’s making me sad. She then told me that I should refocus my “year-end reflection” so that it has a more grateful tone instead of being hard on myself.
And because we are nearing the end of 2017, and I am stuck here in the province, I have listed down 7 things that I am thankful for in 2017.
1. I AM THANKFUL FOR: The SG trip with my WHOLE family. Should be first of the many!
2. I AM THANKFUL FOR: Some work-related #blessed moment at the start and end of the year. Not exactly how I imagined it to be but still thankful nonetheless.
3. I AM THANKFUL FOR: Haru 🙂 the doggo knows what I’ve been through the past couple of months and she’s made me super happy every time I come home.
4. I AM THANKFUL FOR: DJI Mavic Pro, Nintendo Switch and them fucking loads of funko pop!s that escalated quickly! Yes. I’m a material girl. JK.
5. I AM THANKFUL FOR: THE decision.
As I’ve always mentioned, you make decisions and you live with the consequences. Although sometimes, indirectly or directly, people make decisions for you and you should just do the same– live with it. Live happily. Don’t listen to Coldplay songs. Live because you’ve done your part. What matters are the things that you can control. If you have sacrificed more than enough to no avail, walk away. The fuck? Life is short. Happiness is a choice. I am cute. Chos.
6. I AM THANKFUL FOR: THE epic fuckups and buckets of tears. /no explanation needed/
7. I AM THANKFUL FOR: THE CHANGE.
Change has indeed come. 👊
And it’s not D I G Z, my goodness! 😂
You know what they say…change is scary but it is not always bad. In fact, it might just be the best thing that you’ve not paid much attention to because you’ve been boxed by a fake idea of a cake that turned out to be a lie. The cake has always been a lie!!! Anyway, positive change has come. I buried all the negative shit in the Cemetery of Negativism because negativity just wraps around you and every direction that you go leads to a more depressing situation.
While I’m at it, I actually learned a cold hard truth in the latter part of the year: Negativity will always find a way to attach itself to you if you don’t make an effort to lead it to the left, to the left (I mean to the exit door 🚪 😂).
Anyway, the “negative” things are just mentioned here because it’s part of my 2017.
But again, I AM THANKFUL for this new chapter of my life and I am excited to fill it with awesome new memories, happy people and less rant-y attitude.
THANK YOU. 🙂
I wrote to say “thank you’s” instead of “fuck you’s” because life is good and we all deserve to be happy (except someone I know. JK! Just the chismosos/chismosas of the world and my favorite president 😉)
MERRY CHRISTMAS, ASSHOLES!!! If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands!!!